Lambretta Gear change shifter lever support shaft pre-1965 5-speed
Click on photos.
Ready to order?$24.99
Not available now, sorry.
You can also contact us about this product.
- 210 grams
- Orignal Part:
- I recently replaced mine (SX) with a ScootRS one and was very happy with the quality and price.
- You make a reasonable profit instead of the usual rip off prices that lambretta owners get charged. As an example 125 euros for the 5-speed changers and yours at $25 dollars, same quality just a damn sight cheaper!
- Hi, received my 5 speed gearchange today and very impressed with the quality for the price, saving me £100 against a Cyclone one. Fitted straight on with no fettling. Thanks very much.
For 5-speed gearboxes. Others are asking $190 for this (!!!) so we added the number 5 and kept the price the same as the standard ones we've made for years :-)
The lever support area is polished alloy.
Specifically for pre-1965 S3 models (LI/TV/GT/early LIS) that use a metal rod to fit inside a 3mm slot.
(Does NOT fit Indian GP, S2, or later models using the plastic bushing set on the ends.)
- If tight going on the shaft you have to take a fraction of a mm off somewhere - the headset mounting area or inside the support - to make a good match, but that can't be avoided because of slight variations in headsets and wear.
- You don't need a thin shim touching the headset or a plastic bush on the shaft. Our piece is designed to fit better, not sloppy like originally. It also means the metal shaft can be cast in further, making our piece stronger and safer than original. The alloy piece is also thicker, so stronger again than original.
- If using a brass top hat on the clutch cable, on some headsets only, you can't select 4th gear because you catch the headset when turning the support. Check if hitting when turning to 4th and, if so, drill a 6mm wide recess a few mm deep to seat the cable in further where it ends inside the support. (Don't go straight through or the cable will fall out.)